Updated December 19, 2012
These Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement (“Agreement”) between you (“you”, “your”, “user” or “Customer”) and Slingshot, Inc. (“Slingshot”, “us”, “we” or “our”) for virtual telecommunication services and any related products or services (“Services”). This Agreement governs both the Services and any assigned toll-free and/or local number account (“Account”) used in connection with the Services.
Any of the following actions constitute your agreement, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by, and to comply with, the terms of this Agreement: (i) your initialization or registration of the Services, either on the telephone or through the Slingshot website (Slingshotvoip.com) or through any of the Slingshot subdomains (e.g. beta.Slingshotvoip.com) (the Slingshot website and subdomains are collectively referred to herein as, the “Site”); or (ii) through the use of your Account and PIN (defined below); or (iii) your use of the Site.
1. Ownership. All Materials (defined below), Services, Accounts and content, including but not limited to policy information, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics, the arrangement of text and images, commercially produced information, and other material contained on the Site or through the Services (“Content”), are provided by Slingshot unless indicated otherwise. All intellectual property rights in the Materials, Content, Services and Accounts (including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets and patents) are the property of Slingshot. Slingshot retains all copyrights in the individual pages, and their components, and collective works available at the Site.
The Materials, Content, Services and Accounts are copyrighted and are protected by federal and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, performed, or distributed in any way without Slingshot’s prior written permission.
Trademarks and copyrights including Slingshot, the “David” characters and elements and the Slingshot logo are the property of Slingshot. All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
2. Single Copy License. You may download one copy of the materials (the “Materials”) and/or Content found on this Site for use with the Services and/or Accounts. This is a license, not a transfer of title, and is subject to the following restrictions: unless you receive prior written consent from us and unless you receive any required regulatory approvals, you may not: (a) modify the Materials, Content, Services or Accounts or use them for any commercial purpose or any public display, performance, sale or rental; (b) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble software, Materials, Content, Services or Accounts; (c) remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from the Materials, Content, Services or Accounts; (d) unless otherwise provided herein, transfer or resell the Materials, Content, Services or your Account to another person. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Materials, Content, Services and Accounts.
3. Term. The term of this Agreement begins on the date we activate Services for your Account. This Agreement will continue from month to month until terminated by either party pursuant to the terms hereof.
4. Order Acceptance Policy. Your submission of your order on the Site or receipt of an email confirmation signifies acceptance by Slingshot of your order and the provision of your Account. Slingshot may verify orders to prevent fraud. Should Slingshot suspect the placement of a fraudulent order (even after you have received an email confirmation of acceptance of your order and the provision of your Account), Slingshot may contact you by email or telephone regarding such suspected fraudulent order and, in sole discretion, interrupt, restrict or terminate your Account without notice to you by Slingshot.
5. Use of Services and Account. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age or the applicable state age of majority and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement. You agree not to use the Materials, Content, Services and your Account for any unlawful or abusive purpose or in any way which interferes with our ability to provide Services to our customers, or damages our property.
Certain pages on the Site or the access to the Services and/or your Account may be accessed only by use of a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”). You are solely responsible for all uses of the Site and/or the Services and/or your Account with your PIN. You should change your (PIN) once each month. If your Services or Accounts are fraudulently used, you agree to immediately notify us of such unauthorized use. We have the right to interrupt, restrict or terminate Services to your Account, without notice to you, if we suspect fraudulent or abusive activity. You agree to cooperate with us in any fraud investigation and to use any fraud prevention measures we prescribe.
6. Charges. You are responsible for paying all charges to your Account for Services, including but not limited to, long distance and directory assistance charges, regulatory and government fees, and for all taxes and surcharges, including regulatory recovery fees, imposed on you or us as a result of your use of the Services.
Each service plan, for both toll-free and local numbers, has (i) a flat monthly service fee (this service fee, which is posted on the Site, is the basic charge associated with your Service. This fee includes the calling charges defined by your Service plan within the continental United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii and United States territories such as Puerto Rico) and Canada); (ii) a certain number of “free” minutes to be used in the continental United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii and United States territories such as Puerto Rico) and Canada as posted on the Site, and (iii) an additional minute rate (if you exceed the number of calling minutes on your Service plan, Slingshot will bill you for the minutes you use above your allowance) as posted on the Site.
International calls (not including calls to Canada) and calls to areas outside the continental United States (including, but not limited to, Alaska and Hawaii and United States territories such as Puerto Rico), including calls forwarded from the continental United States and Canada to such international areas, are charged based on the international outbound rates posted on the Site. International calls (not including calls from Canada) and calls from areas outside the continental United States (including, but not limited to, Alaska and Hawaii and United States territories such as Puerto Rico), including calls forwarded from such international areas into the continental United States and Canada, are charged based on the international inbound rates posted on the Site.
Slingshot may charge initiation fees and additional fees for optional features, add-ons, and other added products and Services. Such fees are posted on the Site. Slingshot reserves the right to change its pricing and/or billing practices in its sole discretion. Slingshot may introduce new products and Services at special introductory pricing. Introductory pricing may change at discretion by Slingshot. Slingshot bills usage charges in one (1) second increment with a fifteen (15) second minimum, or as otherwise stated by your Service plan.
Service plans are charged once a month or upon the accrual of usage-based fees which results in charges that exceed the Threshold Amount for your account, whoever comes first. The Threshold Amount is set by Slingshot and may vary based on your plan of service, usage and account history.
Customers with past due balance on previous or multiple accounts will be charged the full balance due upon opening a new account or upgrading their current plan.
7. Billing and Payment. Any applicable initiation fees and first months recurring charge are due immediately. You will also be billed for additional minutes you used (which exceeded the number of calling minutes in your plan); either on the month following such usage or when the usage results in a charge that exceeds your Threshold Amount as defined in Section6 whichever comes first. Usage charges are billed in arrears. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, you are to pay for all charges by credit or debit card using PayPal. Billing cycle end dates may change from time to time. When a billing cycle covers less than or more than a full month, we may make reasonable adjustments and pro-rations. Time is of the essence for payment. Therefore, you agree to pay us interest at the lesser of (a) 18% per annum or (b) the highest amount allowed by law for any amounts unpaid as of the due date. Acceptance of late or partial payments (even if marked “Paid in Full”) shall not waive any of our rights to collect the full amount due under this Agreement. Notice of any disputes must be in writing and received by us at our address within thirty (30) days after the invoice date or you will waive any objection.
8. Account Status/Restrictions. At any one time, the STATUS of an account can be ACTIVE, SUSPENDED, CANCELLED and CLOSED depending on the amount of Outstanding Balance (OB).
1. ACTIVE – OB is less than the monthly recurring fee.
· Restrictions: NONE
2. SUSPENDED – All plans except Beanshooter: OB is greater than the monthly recurring fee. Beanshooter: OB is greater than $5.00 or usage < 40 minutes in the last 30 days.
· Restrictions All plans: Incoming calls only, no outgoing; dashboard disabled except Balance, Statements and Add Funds
· Reactivate All plans except Beanshooter: payments to reduce OB < monthly charges.Beanshooter: payments to reduce OB < $5.00 or call activity > 40 minutes in the last 30 days
3. CANCELLED – 30 days after SUSPENDED status.
· Restrictions NO calls; dashboard disabled except Balance, Statements and Add Funds
· Reactivate same as in Suspended
4. CLOSED – 30 days after CANCELLED status
· Restrictions No calls; login revoked
· Reactivate customer must reapply
9. Default/Termination. You may terminate this Agreement at any time with thirty (30) days’ notice in accordance with the immediately following procedure. You must give such notice of termination by “Submitting a Ticket” to our Billing Department. You can “Submit a Ticket” on the Support Center page of the Site at http://support.Slingshot.com. Upon receipt of your Ticket, indicating your desire to terminate this Agreement, we will generate a Cancellation Ticket to cancel your Account. We will send to you, by e-mail, a Cancellation Ticket Number to confirm that your termination notice was received. If you do not receive a Cancellation Ticket Number, your termination notice may not have been received by us. You may contact our Customer Support Department at 877.776.0673 to verify the generation of a Cancellation Ticket Number. Your termination request will be fulfilled within 1 (one) business day. Because minutes are paid in arrears, a final payment for minute usage will be processed on your next billing date after termination.
We may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice as provided in Section 26 herein. Notwithstanding our “30 Day Money-back Guarantee” as posted on the Site, upon termination, and at our sole discretion, the fees for our services (e.g. the initial sign up charges) may be refunded to you. Any additional charges incurred after the initial signup will not be included in this refund.
If you fail to pay any amount owed to us within 5 days after the due date, or if you have in the past failed to pay amounts due us or an affiliate of ours, or if you breach any representation to us or fail to perform any of the promises you have made in this Agreement, or if you are subject to any proceeding under the Bankruptcy Act or similar laws, you will be in default and we may, in our sole discretion and with or without prior notice, restrict or terminate Services and/or terminate this Agreement, in addition to all other remedies available to us.
Upon termination of this Agreement and/or your Services, your right to use the Services immediately ceases. You shall have no right and we will have no obligation thereafter to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party. We may require reactivation charges to renew Services after termination or suspension.
Upon termination, you are responsible for paying all amounts and charges owing under this Agreement.
Accounts will be terminated if we are not able to confirm an order by phone and do not receive any replies from the account holder. A credit or debit card authorization form will be required to reactivate such accounts.
10. Ownership of Toll Free Number. You are the owner of any toll free telephone number assigned to you by Slingshot or transferred by you to Slingshot. Prior to termination of your Account for any reason, you may request to transfer your toll-free number to another carrier at no extra charge. If you fail to transfer your toll-free number to another carrier prior to terminating your Account, then following the termination of your Account, your toll free number becomes property of Slingshot. If you initiate the transfer during a free trial period, you will be required to convert your account to a paid account while waiting for the transfer to complete. It is your responsibility to have your toll free number transferred to another carrier prior to canceling your Account.
Instant vanity searches are for Slingshot customer use only. All search results are reserved automatically to ensure availability for our customers and will not be available to purchase from any other toll free provider for 1 to 4 weeks. Activation of a vanity number will take up to a week. Activation of a vanity number that has been reserved through our instant vanity search is not guaranteed. It is your responsibility to ensure that the number is activated and operational on your account BEFORE advertising the number in ANY way.
11. Ownership of Local Number. You are the owner of any local telephone number assigned to you by Slingshot or transferred by you to Slingshot (“Local Number”). Prior to termination of your Account for any reason, you may request to transfer your Local Number to another carrier at no extra charge. If you fail to transfer your Local Number to another carrier prior to terminating your Account, then following the termination of your Account, your Local Number becomes property of Slingshot. If you initiate the transfer during a free trial period, you will be required to convert your account to a paid account while waiting for the transfer to complete. It is your responsibility to have your Local Number transferred to another carrier prior to canceling your Account.
12. Modification to Prices or Billing Terms. Slingshot reserves the right, at any time, to change its prices and billing methods for Materials, Content, Services and Accounts, effective immediately upon posting on the Site or by e-mail delivery to you.
13. Modification; Assignment. We may change or modify this Agreement from time to time, but any such change (a) will be made in good faith, and (b) if significant (as determined in the sole discretion of Slingshot), will only be made after first providing you with notice of the change. You can review the most current version of this Agreement at any time at our Site (Slingshot.com). If you do not agree to a significant change, you may terminate this Agreement by giving us written notice within 15 days of receipt of our notice of such significant change. No hand-marked changes on this Agreement or any amendment by you will be valid unless we accept the changes in writing. Delivery by facsimile transmission (fax) of a copy of a modification of this Agreement shall be effective as delivery of an original.
14. Assignment. We may assign all or part of our rights or duties under this Agreement in connection with a sale of all or substantially all the assets of Slingshot to a third party without notice to you; provided any such third party shall be obliged to honor the terms of this Agreement. You may not assign this Agreement without our prior written consent.
15. NO WARRANTIES. THE MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES AND ACCOUNTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES AND ACCOUNTS WHATSOEVER AND DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES ARISING BY COURSE OF DEALING OR CUSTOM OR TRADE. WE DO NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND ON OUR BEHALF AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH STATEMENT. THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties. If you rely on the representations or warranties of any third persons with respect to the Services (including without limitation by dealers or resellers of the Services) beyond those made by Slingshot, your sole remedy for such reliance is against the third person making such representation or warranty.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL Slingshot, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, STOCKHOLDERS, AGENTS AND ANY UNDERLYING CARRIER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, COMPENSATORY, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (i) YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ACCOUNTS; (ii) YOUR MISUSE OF THE MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ACCOUNTS; (iii) NONPERFORMANCE OR A FAILURE OF THE SERVICES CAUSED BY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER, (iv) EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE FAILURE OR MODIFICATION; (v) TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OR (vi) ACTS OF GOD, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. THE FOREGOING SHALL APPLY EVEN IF Slingshot HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Slingshot ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES AND ACCOUNTS (1) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; (2) IS FREE OF VIRUSES, UNAUTHORIZED CODE, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (3) IS SECURE; OR (4) WILL MEET YOUR SATISFACTION. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL PRECAUTIONS YOU BELIEVE NECESSARY OR ADVISABLE TO PROTECT YOU AGAINST ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE, LOSS OR HAZARD THAT MAY ARISE BY VIRTUE OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES AND ACCOUNT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL Slingshot, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, STOCKHOLDERS, AGENTS AND ANY UNDERLYING CARRIER BE LIABLE FOR INJURIES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES.
IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, Slingshot SHOULD HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, HARM OR DAMAGE, YOU AND Slingshot AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL LIABILITY OF Slingshot TO YOU FOR ANY REASON EXCEED OUR SERVICE CHARGES DURING THE AFFECTED PERIOD GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
YOU AND Slingshot AGREE THAT THIS SECTION 17 OF THE AGREEMENT, “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY”, IS AN AGREED ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND Slingshot. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, Slingshot WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SITE, MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES, OR ACCOUNTS TO YOU.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
17. Indemnity. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Slingshot, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, STOCKHOLDERS, AGENTS AND ANY UNDERLYING CARRIER, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES), WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING FROM, INCURRED AS A RESULT OF, OR IN ANY MANNER RELATED TO (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, (B) ANY OTHER PERSON’S USE OF ANY ACCOUNT OR PIN YOU MAINTAIN, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH USE IS AUTHORIZED BY YOU, OR (C) YOUR PROMISES OR STATEMENTS MADE IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO WAIVE ALL LAWS THAT MAY LIMIT THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE FOREGOING RELEASES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE INTENTIONAL OR GROSSLY NEGLIGENT ACTS OF Slingshot OR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR REPRESENTATIVES. THIS INDEMNIFICATION SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
18. Emergencies. Slingshot IS NOT A “DIAL-TONE” PROVIDER. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY WHILE USING YOUR SERVICES, HANG UP AND DIAL “911”. YOU MUST USE THE TELEPHONE SERVICE PROVIDED BY YOUR LOCAL CARRIER TO MAKE A 911 CALL.
19. Force Majeure. Either party shall be excused from any delay or failure in performance hereunder, other than the payment of moneys, caused by reason of occurrence or contingency beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, earthquake, fire, flooding, riots, terrorism, war or government requirements.
Slingshot may also monitor or record calls passing through its networks and systems for troubleshooting and/or service quality control checks required for the rendition of the services provided to its customers.
21. Cooperation With Government Authorities. If necessary and in accordance with applicable law, Slingshot will cooperate with local, state, federal, international and/or worldwide government authorities to protect this Site, Materials, Content, Services, Accounts, visitors, customers, Slingshot, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective members, managers, directors, officers, employees, stockholders and agents and operational providers, from the unauthorized use of this Site, Materials, Content, Services and Accounts.
22. Links to Other Materials. The linked sites are not necessarily under the control of Slingshot and Slingshot is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a non-affiliated linked site. Slingshot reserves the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. Slingshot has selected the links for your convenience. The selection or omission of links is not intended to endorse any particular companies or products. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any links to any portion of the Site shall be the responsibility of the linking party, and Slingshot shall not be responsible for notification of any change in name or location of any information on the Site.
23. Dealings With Advertisers. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through this Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. YOU AGREE THAT Slingshot, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, STOCKHOLDERS, AGENTS AND ANY UNDERLYING CARRIER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH DEALINGS OR AS A RESULT OF SUCH ADVERTISERS ON THE SITE.
24. Notices. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, notices and other communications under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered, mailed by first-class mail, postage pre-paid or sent by facsimile or electronic mail, addressed, (a) if to you, at the address as kept in our files or at such other address as you shall have furnished to us in writing, or (b) if to us at 887 Bay Street, Suite 202, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5T 1B3, attention Customer Support Department. Your notice must specify your name and Account. Each such notice, request or other communication shall be effective (i) if given by mail, 72 hours after such communication is deposited in the mails with first class postage prepaid, addressed as aforesaid, (ii) if sent by facsimile, when sent and receipt is telephonically confirmed or (iii) if given by any other means (including, without limitation, by air courier), when delivered at the address specified above. Oral notices shall be deemed effective on the date reflected in our records.
25. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, excluding that body of law applicable to conflicts of law.
26. Jurisdiction and Venue. You and Slingshot agree that any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted only in an Ontario provincial or federal court sitting in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. You and Slingshot each waive any objection you or Slingshot may have now or hereafter to the laying of the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding, and irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding.
27. General Information. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
28. CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information) Compliance Slingshot collects information that is made available to us solely by virtue of our relationship with Customers, such as details regarding the telecommunications services purchased, including the type, destination, technical configuration, location and amount of use of such services. This information and related billing information is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI).
Slingshot safeguards CPNI and complies with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other rules requiring Slingshot to protect Customer CPNI. Slingshot will not disclose CPNI except in accordance with applicable laws. For example, Slingshot will not share CPNI with authorized companies if a Customer notifies Slingshot that its CPNI may not be shared. Slingshot will not share CPNI with unrelated third parties. To opt out of CPNI sharing, please contact Slingshot.
Slingshot provides each Customer with an administrative PIN for access to its account. Account Representatives will attempt to verify a Customer’s identity by requesting the Customer’s PIN before disclosing CPNI. If the Customer cannot provide the PIN or otherwise authenticate identity, such as providing the Customer’s password used for online account access, Slingshot will not disclose CPNI.
Slingshot is fully committed to ensuring the protection of Customer CPNI. The company advises all employees, even those not likely to come into contact with CPNI as part of their routine job functions, of the necessity for data privacy. All Slingshot employees are trained in the use and disclosure of CPNI and are subject to the company’s CPNI policies. Employees that fail to abide by Slingshot’s policies may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. Except in cases where Slingshot is directed by an appropriate law enforcement agency to refrain from or delay Customer notification of a CPNI breach, Slingshot will notify any Customers affected by a CPNI breach. This notification will include the details of breach and what steps Slingshot has taken to ensure a similar breach will not reoccur. Further, Slingshot will notify the United States Secret Service (USSS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) as required by law. Slingshot will keep records of such breaches as required by law.
Slingshot will adopt further safeguards and comply with additional CPNI requirements, including filing its annual CPNI Certification, as required by law.
29. Unlimited Extensions, Departments, and Menus. Each Slingshot account includes the use of an unlimited number of extensions and departments. Our fair use policy applies to the use of extensions, departments, and menus. If you need to use more than 1,000 extensions, departments, and menus we may ask that you set up and pay for an additional Slingshot account for each additional 1,000 extensions, departments, and menus as each account can service a maximum of 1,000 extensions, departments, and menus.
30. Free Trial Period. Slingshot may from time to time offer a free trial period for different terms. All terms and conditions within this agreement apply during the free trial period. If you fail to cancel your account during the free trial period, your credit card will be charged for the offer charge, the activation fee, and any charges you incurred during the trial period (such as voice studio or other features), and any applicable taxes. If you cancel your account prior to the expiration of the free trial period, your credit card will not be charged. It is your responsibility to cancel your account by contacting Slingshot.
31. Gift Cards, Discount Cards, Partner Promotions and Coupons. Gift Cards, Discount Cards, Partner Promotions and Coupons have no cash value and are valid only for the purchase of a new account from Slingshot. If you subscribe to Slingshot Service using one of these methods we will still collect credit card information from you and your card will be charged when your Account Charges exceed the discount value. This Charge will occur when the difference between your Account Charges and the discount value exceeds your account’s Threshold Amount or in the first regular billing cycle in which the difference exceeds $0, whichever comes first.
You hereby consent to Slingshot publicizing the existence (but not the terms) of the relationship contemplated hereunder as a part of promotional and marketing activities from time to time by Slingshot.
32. Reasonable Use Policy. Some of Slingshot’s plans are offered on an “unlimited” use and/or “unlimited minutes” basis. All unlimited plans 1)May only be used for normal business use, 2) Are provided only for live dialog between two individuals, 3) Exclude international calling, which is available for an additional fee. Unlimited Plans also may not be used for any of the following prohibited use:
– Trunking or forwarding your Slingshot number to another phone number(s) capable of handling multiple simultaneous calls, or to a private branch exchange (PBX) or a key system.
– Spamming or blasting (e.g., sending 100 or more bulk and/or junk voicemail or faxes simultaneously).
– Bulk call-in lines (e.g., customer support or sales call centers, “hotlines”, 900 numbers, sports-line numbers, etc.).
– Auto-dialing or “predictive” dialing (i.e., non-manual dialing or using a software program or other means to continuously dial or place out-bound calls).
Slingshot reserves the right upon prior notice to disconnect or suspend your Service if Slingshot determines that your use of the Service violates this Reasonable Use Policy or if you consistently exceed 50,000 minutes per month. Slingshot reserves the right to add to, modify or amend the Reasonable Use Policy at any time for any reason in its sole discretion.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Slingshot and you with respect to your use of Slingshot Site, Materials, Content, Services and your Account, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between Slingshot and you with respect thereto.
The failure of Slingshot to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Updated December 19, 2012
Information Collection XLVOX, Inc. is the sole owner of the information collected on http://slingshotvoip.com. XLVOX, Inc. collects information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
Order We request information from the user on our order form. A user must provide contact information (such as name, email, and company address). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the user.
Information Use Information collected is used only for setting up service and conveying information about user accounts and upcoming features and benefits of Slingshot programs.
Profile We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third parties to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that details their viewing preferences. Consequently, collected information is tied to the users personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user’s visit to our Web site, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them. We do not share your profile with other third parties.
Log Files Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We use a tracking utility called “analog 4.13” that uses log files to analyze user movement.
Communications from the Site
Special Offers and Updates
We send all new members a welcoming email with username and password information. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
Blog If a user wishes to subscribe to our blog, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications.. Please emailunsubscribe@slingshotvoip,com
Service Announcements On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
Customer Service We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users wishes.
Legal Disclaimer Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Third Party Advertisers Slingshot DOES NOT share, sell, rent or trade Web site usage information about users with a reputable third party. Slingshot may share non identifiable aggregate information. but never call records or usage statistics to partners who have signed a non-disclosure agreement for the sole purpose of establishing a partnership agreement. This data may include customer name and address.
Service Providers We do not partner with other third party Systems to provide toll free services. When the user signs up for these particular services, we share names, or all contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Business Transitions In the event Slingshot goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Links This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Slingshot, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Surveys & Contests From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Users personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Testimonials We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. We do obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with the testimonial.
Security This Web site takes every precaution to protect our users information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just surfing.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment.
If users have any questions about the security at our Web site, users can submit a ticket our contact Customer Support Center.
Supplementation of Information In order for this Web site to properly fulfill its obligation to users it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from 3rd party sources.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users personally identifiable information. This can usually be done by submitting a ticket to our Customer Support Center.