Customer service is all about helping your clients and patrons and getting them what they want and need. The “Golden Rule – Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. ” applies within customer service as you would not want to be treated with disrespect on the phone neither do your customers. However, this not only applies to your staff but to the system that they use and that your clients use.
A well utilized professional VoIP (Voice Over IP) system can advance your customer service greatly. A VoIP is something that is needed nowadays to be able to provide stellar and thorough customer service. There are many ways these systems can help to improved your level of Customer Service we will show you a few of them.
There are many features that a VoIP System has that can help to raise the level of your businesses customer service these are:
- High Quality Sound– If your customers/clients/patrons can’t understand what is being relayed to them either by an automated service or your live CSR’s(Customer Service Representatives) then they will be frustrated.
- Ease of Use- Customers/clients and patrons like to have a system that is easy to use. If it is frustrating to use they will not want to use it anytime they have a problem. This will lower your chances in retention with a customer that is hesitant to use a Customer Service System that is difficult. Also when migrating your employees won’t feel a difference but will get a myriad of useful features to help with their jobs.
- Utilizing an Auto Attendant- The need for answering the phone during business hours is important. A VoIP can route the calls made to were the should properly go automatically. Always reaching the first available CSR, allowing your clients, customers and patrons someone to always be available to help them.
- Call Recording (QA) – Quality assurance has been around for a long time in the customer service business, it helps to be able to better evaluate an agents performance. Using a VoIP you can get this done easier by recording their calls, listening to their performance and giving feedback on how they handled the customers.
- Call Reports- With this option you can find out just exactly how many calls have come into and gone out of your office each day. This can also help with knowing how many calls each of your service agents have taken as well.
- Extensions for Outside Employees- This unique feature can help employees that work from home or outside the office use and extension. This can help you track their work during their actual work hours.
- Voicemail to e-mail- If you are not able to be in the office but want to grab your messages, this feature will help you to grab them from your e-mail. Calls are saved to e-mail as a voice file so you can listen to them where ever you are, whenever you need too.
- Mobile Apps- With the advancement in technology smart phones are now able to have a mobile app to connect with your VoIP system. This software integration will allow you to use both your normal or work extension on your smart phone whenever you choose too. Helping you or your employees to always stay connected to the office.
- Call Forwarding– When you’re not in the office and your waiting for an important phone call you don’t want to miss then call forwarding is an important feature you can utilize. Phone calls can be forwarded to any phone you choose, home, cell, vacation spot; anywhere you choose.
Although these are just a few key features that just using a VoIP will help to raise the level of your customer service. There are many more depending on the provider you choose to use. However, the best one is that VoIP has an unlimited growth potential. It will grow with you, adding or subtracting a phone or an extension is very easy.
So, if you’re looking to up your level of customer service, a VoIP is just one of many ways to do so. If you already utilize a VoIP look into adding in more services to help your customer service growth even more.